Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Trend Trials

Trying to evaluate which trends you'll 'do'  this season? The choices are : Flowerchild -- basically, the hippie woman is trading in her feather crown for modern fringe. You'll require jet-bead fringed bustiers from Rodarte, a shift dress in NYFW's favorite hue--white, and the ability to pull off the boho without the hobo. Next: pastels -- think Lana Turner circa The Postman Always Rings Twice becoming friends with a modernized Barbara Stanwyck. J.Mendel played with pale yellows while Oscar De La Renta opted for bright aqua. You'll require a dinner party hosted in the Upper East Side and an affinity for matching. Can it get better? Crisp cotton - take your office staple into the nightlife. Note : keep this look relaxed with some undone buttons. Corporate ensembles at 1 OAK are hardly chic. Can I wear cotton candy in the office? Will I be sent home for unlawful fringe? Maybe my birthday suit will suffice until I get my hands on some Altuzarra. Glad thats been sorted.

2 Comments:

Glenda said...

I am excited about spring 2014. I love the Pantone colir palette, and fell in love with the collections from Kors, Burch and Lauren, and of course, J.Crew.

RetroStreetStation said...

What a nice post :)

x Maria
New post on my blog featuring my new emerald green skater dress ! Let me know what you think about it :)

Post a Comment